Spring-To-Summer Make-Up Menu

by - 1:19 PM

I haven’t done a make-up menu in what feels like ages, simply because for ages I was wearing the same thing; but now I have (finally) changed up my make-up routine so I thought I’d share what I’m currently wearing to mask my actual face at the moment.

Base


Until I find a better foundation that fits my skin tone as well as the Rimmel “Match Perfection”, I don’t think I’m going to change. I’ve raved about this foundation on many occasions so I won’t start again, but I really just love this foundation okay? 
As a concealer, I’ve been really loving (like most of the world, in fact) the Urban Decay “Naked” concealer. I use it on both my disgusting eye bags and any (all the) blemishes I may (always) have.
For a powder, again, I’m still using the Rimmel “Stay Matte” powder because I love it so very much. 
Though I often will also dust a bit of the Caudalie “Teint Divin” bronzing mineral powder to give myself a bit of colour since I can’t use bronzing powder (since whenever I use bronzing powder, the word oompa-loompa generally springs to mind).

Eyes

I have recently fallen back in love with liquid eyeliner. I generally just do a thin line on my lid using the Bourjois “16h Liner Pinceau” liquid liner (that is so old I’d be shocked if they still sell it) (update: they do), though if I’m feeling a bit swish, I may also do a lil’ flick. Then I line my top waterline in with an unnamed pencil liner (again, so used and sharpened I’ve forgotten what the name and brand of it is - I really need to buy some new make-up!). 
For my mascara, I’ve been switching between two different ones that I love with equal mesures. The first one is the Bobbi Brown "Smoky Eye" mascara and the other one is the rather more affordable one, Maybelline “Lash Sensational”. I apply a couple of coats on my top and bottom lashes.

Blush and Highlight

For my blush and highlight, well, I’m pretty easy as I only own one of each! I use both the blush and the highlight from the Urban Decay “On The Run” palette (see the review I did of it here). For the blush, well, no need to go in to reems of detail, I apply it to my cheeks, simples. For the highlight, if I’m taking my time and want to do my make-up all fancy, then I’ll apply it to my eyebrow bone, my cheekbone, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupid’s bow, if not, then I’ll just run it down the bridge of my nose and on my eyebrow bone. 

Lips

Depending on what I’ve done with my eyes, I’ll use one of two things for my lips. If I’ve gone easy on the eyes, I’ll generally reach for my MAC “Lady Danger” lipstick (which hurts my heart every time because I don’t quite know if I can afford to use it on a daily basis!), and if I’ve gone a bit stronger on my eyes, I’ll use the Urban Decay "NAKED Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss".

What have you been wearing this month?

Matti x

You May Also Like

0 comments