July/August Favourites | Matti May Hardie

by - 4:15 PM

Hey all, how's you?
Do I really need an intro to this anymore? Another month, another set of favourites. Let's do this!
lipstick
I've found, lost, and then found this lipstick for ages now and I'm so in love. It's such a gorgeous colour and the consistency is amazing and I shall be very sad when I run out.
Friends
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 21.30.12
I may or may not have finished all 10 seasons of Friends in about a month and a half. Probably did, though. I don't even think there's any point in me explaining what it's about because everyone knows it; I just sadly wasn't part of the Friends generation so I had to jump on the bandwagon now and had a well deserved binge.
IMG_3151
This. I mean, this. This is honestly amazing and I'm in love and just wooooow. The formula's amazing, it doesn't peel, it applies really easily and sets beautifully. I did do the eating test with it and it doesn't stand up in that so don't even bother wearing it for a meal because you'll end up with a really sexy ring of death around your lips. Plus this colour is just perfect and makes me want to weep for how instagramable it is.
Coffee
flat-lay
Bit of an odd one but over this past month I've developped a passion for coffee. I entirely blame my friend Théa for this because she slept at my appartment and the morning after we had a coffee and well... that was the end of that, wasn't it! I sometimes actually find myself reaching for coffee instead of tea sometimes which is a new and strange feeling as I'm usually a tea all the way kind of girl.
Tigi Bedhead 'Colour Godess' Shampoo and Conditionner Set
tigi-bedhead-set
As I've already mentionned, in June I did my mandatory month of work placement in a hair salon for my course. The salon I did it in stocked Tigi products and as a thank you at the end they gave me this set and, loving Tigi as I do, avoided using it until absolutely necessary. When I did, I fell in love immediately. My hair smells of caramel and is soft as fuck. Since Tigi is a professional brand instead of a commercial one (basically it's aimed at actual hairdressers instead of regular people) the composition is different and it makes my hair actually feel so much cleaner. Though fare warning if you do decide to buy some (I so recommend Tigi it's so fucking good) then you don't need to use as much since it's more concentrated. Plus they cater for every kind of hair you could think of which I think is really cool. (This isn't sponsored or anything I just really really love Tigi products!).
Snapbacks
I'm not really a hat person. I love hats, but they don't really love me. I just don't suit them which is kind of shit, but then I tried my friends snapback on and HOLY MOLY I'M IN LOVE. I think it's the pixie cut that does it or so my friend's cousin told me, so I am now searching for a snapback because I love me a hat (especially when my hair simply isn't cooperating). If anyone knows where to find some inexpensive snapbacks let me know as it'd be much appreciated.
Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 22.16.26
I mentionned in my latest haul that I had bought a few things from Crazy Factory, and I've since fallen in love. They do everything from piercings to ear stretchers to fake and real jewelry. It basically has everything you could ever wish for and it's a lot more alternative than anything I've seen before. Plus, their prices are so affordable, even though you do have to pay for postage, but they also ship internationally, which is always a plus. I do tend to just avoid it at all costs though because whenever I go on there I see the new stuff they have and get an uncontrollable urge to spend money!
Meditation
I've been struggling with my anxiety quite a bit recently and I've actually found that meditation really helps. I keeps me centered and generally just helps me just leave my brain for a bit and go to this state where I'm really disassociated and it really does feel good. You can do it yourself but I downloaded the Calm.com app and they have the most amazing meditation and relaxation programs that work amazingly.
Agust D Mixtape
screen-shot-2016-09-10-at-00-50-17
Right so I try and keep anything k-pop-related to my k-pop blog but I couldn't stop myself because I've basically been obsessed since it was released. It's by my favourite in BTS (Suga) and everyone's been waiting for so long for it but it was totally worth the wait. You can listen to it here and see what I thought about it here.
I didn't have as many favourites as planned over these couple of months. It's probably due to the fact that I haven't done much seeing over the summer holidays (how thrilling my life is - welcome to behind the scenes of a blogger!)
Matti x
Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • Pinterest • Bloglovin' 

You May Also Like

0 comments