January/February Favourites | Matti May Hardie

by - 7:17 AM

Hey all, how's you?

This is the first favourites post of 2017! It's kind of crazy to think that this blog turned 3 years old two weeks ago. It's fucking insane. Anyway, I decided to miss out on December favourites simply because it was mostly just a run up to Christmas and I was just re-using products I had already told you guys about. This post was meant to be chock-a-block with beauty products, I promise you it was, and then my entire make-up bag was stolen at college... again; hopefully this time I'll learn to be more careful! A good 90% of my make-up is gone and I'm going to have to restart my make-up collection all over again, so please excuse the lack of anything make-up related.


TooFaced 'The Chocolatier' palette

I got this palette in the Chocolatier set that I got for Christmas, and I've been using it all the time. It's a really good on-the-go palette. It's a little less pigmented and buttery than I had expected, but honestly given the colours and shades of the eyeshadows and the blush/bronzer/highlighter honestly just makes up for it. However, the blush is so fucking pigmented it's insane. 

Arctic Monkeys - AM

I'm aware that I'm very much late to this party, but I'd always been aware of Arctic Monkeys, but it's only really recently that I'd started listening to them. I'd always had a couple of their songs on my phone, and I'd always meant to listen to the full album, and I finally did, and I'm now obsessed. Something about the cool vibes, mixed with Alex Turner's accent and his blazé slur when he sings, it just makes it such a pleasure to listen to.

Hair tattoo



More specifically, my hair tattoo. I've become a bit jaded of my hair of late, I'm growing my roots out to bleach it but I'm finding it difficult to find a cut or anything that I'm really obsessed with. Then, the other day Marion and I were in the salon with nothing to do, so she sat me down and handed me a google images page and told me that she wanted to try hair tattooing and that I was going to be her crash test dummy. I flicked through and found something she could base herself off. Marion is a really good artist and generally I just let her do whatever the hell she wants with my hair, so I just let her play around and I'm obsessed with what she's done.

Extraordinellie

MY FAVOURITE HAS GOT HER BLOGGING GAME UP! Ellie is one of my closest friends and if you're an O.G reader, her name may ring a bell. She launched her blog on the first of January and it's really fucking good! I may be a bit biased because I'd read Ellie's shopping list, but still, she's funny, she's fancy and she's sassy. What's not to like?

'A Place Of Secrets' by Rachel Hore

I first started reading this book when I was about 10 or 12, and then my copy evaporated. I had no idea where I'd put it and I, for some reason, was incapable of remembering the title or the author. Over Christmas, I went for a hunt for it and after looking near and far, I finally found it again and my Dad bought it for me for Christmas. As usual, you'll have to find out what it's about yourself because the plot is quite thick and there's a lot of different storylines, but it's written in a way that they all correspond and it's not at all confusing.


TooFaced 'Better Than Sex' mascara

I got a sample of this mascara in the chocolatier palette, and at first I was really disappointed and figured it just wasn't for me. I continued to use my Urban Decay 'Perversion' as usual, but then once that was stolen, I decided to give it another go and turns out I'd judged it far too soon. It's really nice, holds a curl really well, and is actually pretty long lasting.

Rings

I got these rings from Crazy Factory and ohhh they make me so happy. They're pretty as hell, even though the one with the stone in the middle is heavy as fuck! But still, they make my heart happy so who cares. You can find them here and here.

Skins

Funnily enough, this show is seriously popular in France, and after hearing about it from everyone and their dog, and the countless edits on Facebook, I finally decided to give it a try and I'm now addicted. I've ploughed through the first season every weekend and I bloody love it.

As always, there were more than planned!

I hope you enjoyed this post. What have you guys been loving recently? 

Matti x


Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • Pinterest • Bloglovin' 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice post! I can't believe someone stole your makeup bag, that's awful! It is such a weird thing to steal though. To look on the bright side you get to restart your collection and purchase the products you know work.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete