Microwave Gluten Free Banana Bread

by - 8:28 AM



   Since I moved in with my boyfriend, I've been doing quite a lot less baking, given that we don't have an oven. It makes life very complicated but we've managed to adapt. Since lockdown I've seen absolutely everyone and their nan making banana bread, and yes I am basic as fuck so I followed the bandwagon.

    Also, I've been eating horribly since lockdown, ordering out more than we've been cooking, and it's starting to show on my skin, my health, and on myself generally. I've deleted UberEats and Deliveroo and all the different apps that we use with Tim to order out, and we've both decided to try and cook, healthy, wholesome meals and just try and take care of ourselves. Personally I've also been trying to control portions because I've been finding myself eating ridiculous amounts of food, and needing to eat more and more to be satisfied, so I'm trying to control my portions to try and calm this whole situation down because literally this is not something I want to get used to!

    Anyway, all that to say that this banana bread is healthy, gluten free, really quick and easy to make and it's super easily convertible. In the photos I've gone for the single-serve version, but originally I'd converted the recipe to be a bit bigger and I did prefer it being bigger because I could cut it into little squares and have little bites. I think what I'll do next time is I'll cut it up and put them into a Tupperware so I can keep them in the fridge, snacks forever!

    Now the recipe (by TheCuriousFrugal that you can find here) calls for almond or coconut flour, but I could only find rice flour so I made do as best as I could. Personally I don't feel like it made much different, if only it was a bit more gooey and a tad more dense. It didn't really personally bother me but I'm just putting that out there. I personally eat gluten, I'm trying to start avoiding gluten when I cook simply because my boyfriend is intolerant so if I can avoid him having any bad reactions it's all good for me, that being said, I think you can probably switch to normal flour if you don't want to use gluten free flour.

    Since I'm trying to eat healthier and less fat and sugar, but still indulge, I've been leaning towards dark chocolate because it's a lot better for you (also, experts claim that dark chocolate is one of your ten brain foods), so I've opted for dark chocolate chips. Now, you can use whatever you want in this thing, one thing I've been tempted to try mixing in peanut butter.

    Now I've talked at you forever, on to the recipe!

****

Ingredients (single serve)

1/2 bananas
3 tbsp of gluten free flour
1 egg
Chocolate chips (optionnal)

(Extra serving)

4/5 bananas
4 tbsp of gluten free flour
2 eggs
Chocolate chips (optionnal)

Put the bananas in a mixing bowl and crush with a fork
Add the egg(s) and mix to make a batter
Add the flour and mix everything together
Add the chocolate chips liberally
Cook in the microwave for about 3 minutes, depending on how you like the texture.
Flip out onto a plate and leave to cool.

It's stupidly easy, but it tastes so good. I had been baking the day that I made it and I had made some liquified chocolate with melted marshmallows mixed in and I spread it on top very liberally and OKAY HELLO YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU. So I'm just going to do a public serve this and leave that here. I know it defeats the purpose of the "healthy" part of the banana bread but come on, marshmallows and dark chocolate and the gooey-ness is worth it.

I hope you enjoyed this, I'm really liking sharing my recipes here and you guys seem to enjoy it so I shan't be stopping!

Hope you're all doing well,
M x


You May Also Like

0 comments