2016 Summer Make-Up Menu | Matti May Hardie

by - 4:03 PM

Hey all, how's you?
I haven't done one of these for ages since I hadn't really worn any make-up this summer, but I have recently had an excuse to put a bit of paint on my face, and I thought I'd share it with you guys. I know it's nearly September but I will probably use this until autumn.
Base
Base
I've honestly been wearing little to no base over the summer since it just melts off within approximately 4 seconds of me leaving the house, and make-up is expensive so I can't even find the motivation to apply it for nothing. With that in mind, concealer has been my only friend. As always, I'm using the Urban Decay "Naked" Concealer because it's just so damn good, then apply a refound love of mine, the E.L.F 'High Definition Powder' - at first I wasn't a massive fan of this but it's actually really good and sets my base wonderfully. I put that mainly where I put my concealer and then lightly brush it over my face to hide any oilyness and general shininess on my face.
Eyes
Eyes and Brows
I tend to try and keep it simple when it comes to my eyes. Since, like I've previously mentionned, it will melt off in the heatwave. So, with that in mind, I apply some Urban Decay '24/7 Glide On" eye pencil, which I am really not getting along with! I hate the way you have to shake it to get it out, what's wrong with sharpening or twisting?! Why do you have to make it this complicated, Urban Decay?! Other than that though, I do really like this product, it stays on pretty well and it looks pretty. Mine is in the shade 'Stag' (that I *think* is unique to the 'On The Run' palette but I'm not entirely sure) and I apply it on my bottom water line and really lightly on my lid, then blend it out to make it look more natural.
Then, as usual, I'll use either the Bobbi Brown 'Smokey Eye' mascara or the Urban Decay 'Perversion', depending on what mood I'm in.
Brows
Again, not much has changed for my brows, but I'm still on the hunt for an eyebrow pencil that suits my brows and that doesn't make me look like I filled them in with Sharpie (long live weirdly coloured brows!). For now, I'm using the Benefit 'Gimme Brow'. I do love it, don't get me wrong, but I'd really like something to redraw my brows instead of just fill them in. I am making zero sense, good.
Blush and Highlight
Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 19.07.36
As usual, I'm using the blush and the highlight in the Urban Decay 'On The Run' palette, what's new! But it's just perfect and the blush looks so natural and really suits my skintone.
The highlight is also beautiful and is subtle but just enough so that you can notice it. I apply it to my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupid's bow.
Lips
Lips
I've generally been switching between the Sephora 'Cream Lip Stain' in the shade 13 Marvelous Mauve and the MAC 'Lady Danger' lipstick. It generally depends on my mood and where I'm going.
Hope you enjoyed this, I'm running a little dry on blog post material so if there's anything you'd like to see then let me know and your wish shall be my command *waves magic wand over enthusiastically*
__________________________________
I just want to apoligize for my photography at the moment. I'm still honing in on how to make it look right and nice (an iPhone 5s camera can only get you to a certain level) and, well, if I'm totally honest I'm struggling to make my photos look right at the moment.
Matti x
Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • Pinterest • Bloglovin'

You May Also Like

0 comments