Cup Of Tea and a Catch-Up #9

by - 1:10 PM


Oh hey, you pretty people, how are you all doing? Today's post is a chatty one so get yourself a beverage of whatever form you choose and tuck in!

I've missed blogging, so I figured any excuse was a good one to get typing again. I mean, technically I still want to write stuff, I still want to talk about the things I've been wearing, the make-up I've been loving, and sharing all the things I've been sharing for 4 years now. But it's just not working. I don't know if it's because my brain isn't at it's best at the moment or if it's because I've just run out of ideas, but I sit down to write a blog post and every week I find myself staring at a blank page.

I mean, I know what posts work and what posts I enjoy writing, but I've found myself getting into a rut of monthly favourites, make-up menu, haul (if you're lucky), other, every single month and I'm sure you're all as sick of ready the same content over and over as I am writing it. I'm desperately looking for something fresh, something new to perk things up, but all my ideas are same-y and there's nothing original to it. And that's always been something I promised myself I wouldn't let myself lose. The originality.

The truth is that I sound bored, my posts are getting shorter and shorter and nothing works. So I find myself absent for the longest time and it's not what I want. I adored posting weekly, engaging with you guys, it was a part of my routine that was sacred to me.I'm going to try and get some stuff up that have been works in progresses for a while, and just generally put more stuff up.

Has anyone been watching/watched Suits recently? I've become totally obsessed with it, I think I very much go in for power play, strategies and backstabbing (and wearing nice dresses, suits and heels for work!).
Though despite that, I'm still in mourning of Gilmore Girls - HOW COULD RORY BREAK UP WITH LOGAN? HOW CAN THEY LEAVE IT LIKE THAT?!
I've also gotten Ayden into Game of Thrones and we're both plowing through it and I'm now in love once again.

Anyway, Ayden and I are having a little stay-cation together at my friend's house as we're house-sitting. We're staying in the center of town, in an absolutely gorgeous house. I wanted to make a blog post about it but I'm worried it has a certain lack of photos but I'll see how things go. We've been enjoying sunbathing, drinks and doing nothing (drinks and doing nothing was my favourite), I had easily the best coffee and the best mojito ever in the same day and I felt rich, it was great.

I'm going on a sporadic holiday with my Dad and Ayden next week, and I'm definitely going to be putting a post up about it. I'm hoping to travel more this summer, even if it's just in France. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!

Let me know what you guys have been up to in the comments!

M x

You May Also Like

0 comments