August/September Make-Up Menu

by - 12:17 PM


Okay. Hold the phone. I'm actually wearing make-up again. I know. I can't believe it either.

And it's actually got effort gone into it. I KNOW. So I wanted to share what I'm currently wearing. There are various make-up looks that I've been doing, so I’ve decided to make it a bit different and do two different looks, so there’s going to be two different eye looks, one for the morning and one for the nighttime, but that could potentially be a daytime look, too, I guess? 

Anyway! I hope you guys enjoy this make-up overload.




Prep

First things first, I like to put some moisturiser on, I use the Nivea 'Soft' Face and Body moisturiser. Even though I will have already put some on at the start of the day I like to give it a little drink before putting my make-up on, and I feel like my make-up goes on better than if I didn’t. Next I spray on some MAC ‘Lightful Softening Lotion Spray’ (which they don't sell anymore) which I don’t really understand the use of, I just like to put it on because it smells nice and my skins always just feels nicer after I’ve sprayed some on. Then I’ll put some Elisabeth Arden ‘8 Hour Lip Balm’ on so everything feels nice and moisturised. 

Eyes (Day)

I do eyes first now because I’ve had too much fall out ruining my base for one lifetime. I’m going to do daytime first, and it’s basically my go-to make-up because it’s perfect for blue eyes. 

I’m using, shocker, the TooFaced ‘The Chocolatier’ palette because I mean, what am idea? Changing make-up? Madness!

I’m going to start by using ‘Honey Dip’ on most of my eye, then I’m going to put ‘Butterscotch’ and put it in my crease and then just blend as if my life depended on it. Then I’m going to just do a teeny tiny eyeliner. I tend to use a wet eyeliner brush and some black eyeshadow and that allows me to do eyeliner without having a mental breakdown, which is fun. Then I’ll put ‘Butterscotch’ again on my waterline.
I’m also going to highlight the inner corner of my eye with ‘Dessert’s On Me’. 

For my mascara I’m using my new favorite, which is the Bourjois ‘Push Up Volume Glamour’ 
waterproof mascara.

Eyes (Night)

Right, for this night and/or day look, I’m going to be using a mix of a Sleek 'I-Divine' palette and the TooFaced palette. So for the base I’m using ‘Cake Batter’ on most of my lid, and the red sparkly one from the sleek palette and really build up the pigment to make it nice and shiny. Again, I’m going to do a little eyeliner, just to make my eyes stand out, then do mascara like the daytime look and also highlight the inner corner as well.



Base

I still don’t have any concealer or foundation (I don’t bother with foundation because of my freckles), but I do put some Nivea ‘Cellular Éclat’ which basically smooths and adds some oomf to your under eyes, then put some Sephora ‘Matte Perfection’ powder foundation (though it has literally no coverage so I just use it as a powder) to matify everything.

For the daytime look I’m going to be using the Soap and Glory ‘Love At First Blush’ blusher, and for the nighttime I’m going to use the blush in the TooFaced palette called ‘Chocolate Covered Strawberries’.

For contouring I’m just going to contour my cheeks and my jawline (and very slightly my forehead for the nighttime look) with the bronzer in the TooFaced Palette yet again.

Highlighter-wise I’m going to be using the highlight in the TooFaced palette. 



Brows

To fill in my brows I’m going to use the shade ‘Toffee Crunch’, and then use an unnamed brow gel which I find a shame that it’s unnamed because it’s bloody good but there you are. It’s actually a shade darker than what I would use but I really like it because with having bright red hair now it looks better when I have slightly darker brows.
I’ll highlight my brow bone with ‘Glaze’.

Lips

I don’t actually do all that much for lips when it’s hot. Though I do re-apply some 8 hour lip balm and then put some highlighter in the middle to give it a shimmery effect which I find rather cool.

What's your go-to make-up at the moment?
Mx

You May Also Like

0 comments