A Guide To School For The Chronically Unorganised

by - 4:52 PM


Side note: Hello everyone! I haven't posted since Christmas, I apologise, I'm hopefully going to get posting more regularly now as I have a load of content in the works, notably one post that is massive that I'm really looking forward to sharing with you that I really hope you'll all enjoy! I'm looking forward to sharing more content with you soon!
__________________________________________

(Alternative title “how to get your shit together when your shit has never been together”.)

I’ve never been organised. As much as I’d like to be a little blond Californian girl with straight As and a tan, I’m not, and have accepted that I never will be. So I decided to share with you guys the list that I generally make at the beginning of the school year and try to sticks to for the rest of the year (now, whether that happens or not is a totally other debate) to help myself get myself organized and hopefully avoid any mental breakdowns. I wasn't very organised at the beginning of this year and just realised I haven't done it, so since I made it recently I figured I would share it with you guys.

This is also a list I tend to go back to when I'm feeling like quite a mess, when I can't get myself organised and I'm a bit all over the place, or when I need to get myself back to my productive self again - all of which are the case at the moment after the last few weeks of college that were hardcore, which is what inspired this blog post.

Beauty
  • Do nails
  • Hairdresser’s
  • Find new outfits
  • Find new make-up looks
  • Eyebrows
I like using the start of the school year to start fresh, so I tend to make a point of getting my hair cut or colored, and to find some new outfits and make-up looks. I’m not the most confident person in the world and it allows me to feel a bit more comfortable in my own skin. Then I’ll do my eyebrows and my nails just to make sure I look decent and human (obviously I pretty much give up this facade about a week into term but that’s just a detail).

Selfcare
  • 1L minimum of water everyday
  • Moisturize whole body after shower
  • Shave
  • Exfoliate
  • Face mask
This kind of falls under the beauty category but I wanted to take it’s own category because generally I do this with the specific reasoning of making sure I feel as good as I can. My anxiety can really play up at this time of the year and it helps no end when I take care of myself. Anything in this category is what I would consider self care rather than simple beauty steps.
I make my own exfoliant (sugar + olive/coconut oil - mix 1 spoon of oil to 1 and 1/2 spoons of sugar and then keep adding until you've got enough to exfoliate your whole body) and I like to do it before and after shaving, and then moisturise my whole body, both so I feel nice and my skin feels hydrated but also to avoid any razor rash which I get so easily (even with shaving cream!). 
I always turn to my La Petite Lune clay face mask at the moment because it's just so good, I might cry when I run out, my skin just feels so clean and refreshed after!

School
  • Put all lessons into folders
  • Sort folders
  • Make sure there's nothing missing (pens, books, ect)
  • Do contents at the start of books
  • Start notepad
I try and make sure everything's in order so I can start off as I mean to go on, which means sorting my lessons into folders and to make sure all the folders are in order. I also make contents pages at the start of my notebooks so I don't need to fight my way through a ton of papers and notes flying around everywhere. I number the pages and then at the start of the chapter I'll note down the pages, ect ect. I find it easier to get my head around that way. I tend to keep a notepad that's exclusively for school stuff. I used to rip off a page and toss it in my bag but I can let you imagine how that worked. I tried bullet journaling but I'm just more of a simple list girl.

Let me know if I missed anything (please for the love of god, organised people of the internet, HELP ME).

M x

You May Also Like

0 comments