Top 5 Favourite Books | Matti May Hardie

by - 4:04 PM

Hey all
Hows you?

Another list! But this one's good, I wanted to talk about my top 10 favorite books of all time. You see, I read a lot and I wanted to share them with you, and if you've read any of these books, let me know what you thought of them and if you have any books that you think I'd like based on these books, send me an e-mail or tell me in the comments.

5. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown


Unlike my previous 4 books faves, this is a lot less chewing gum for the brain. The whole book is basically a riddle in itself. It's about Professor Robert Langdon, a professor of symbology at Harvard University, who, while on a business trip to Paris, gets a late night phone call saying that the curator, Jacques Sauniere had been brutally murdered inside the museum. Alongside the corpse of the curator, the police had found a series of baffling codes, and a load of symbols and they think that Langdon is probably the best person to decipher the symbols and tell them what Sauniere was trying to tell them. Whilst there, a young cryptologist, Sophie Neveu, unbeknown to Langdon that she is Sauniere's grand-daughter, from the DCPJ (the french police department), who explains to Langdon that they don't really want to  know about the symbols, but really, they think that Langdon killed the Professor, which was not the case, but the DCPJ wasn't prepared to take no for an answer. In one night, Sophie and Langdon escape and they set out to find out what on earth Jacques wanted to tell them and it takes them on a journey crossing paths with religous extremists and great works of art and a crazy art historian. But can Langdon and Sophie decipher the code before it's too late? It's such a great book, one of the down sides is that you really do have to focus and concentrate or you miss it. But I really enjoyed reading it as History of Art and Codes and Symbology are kind of my thing. If you enjoy cliff hangers, suspense and art, this is your sort of a book!


4. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


This is a great book. I really enjoyed reading it, and I have to admit, I may have cried a little bit during Hazel's eulogy to Gus. It's basically about 2 people, a girl, Hazel Grace Lancaster who has lung cancer and a guy, Gus or Augustus Waters who has recovered from some limb cancer, where he had to have a leg amputated. They meet at a cancer support group and their relationship blooms. It's such a nice book and the film is so lovely too. I really like it and it's definitely one of my faves. No doubt.

3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins



 Well... what do I need to say about this? It's brilliant. To be honest, I don't need to be explained, everyone knows what this is. If you don't, well, where have you been for the past, what? 3 years? It's about a girl called Katniss Everdeen who lives in a post-apocalyptic world, where there are 12 disticts and the Capitol - also known as the reminents of North America. That's all that's left of the world. The Capitol is basically the all controlling city. Ever year, the Hunger Games take place (it's a competiton in which every year, 2 children are picked (one boy and one girl called Tributes) in each district to fight to the death in an arena and there will only be 1 winner, also known as a Victor. The reason for the Hunger Games? Because 74 years ago, the, then 13, districts rose above the Captiol and tried to overthrow them. It didn't work and the districts were defeaten and in the proces, District 13 was blown off the map and after, the Hunger Games were created to remind them each year that  really, the Capitol is the boss, and that they will never be able to defeat them. I won't talk about what happens because I'll be SO giving it away so you just have to read thebooks. Don't cheat and watch the films because I have to admit, even though I though the films were great, I though the books are better. So much better. Which is weird because I usually tend to prefer films, but that's another story.

2. The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz


Ahhhh the Spellman Files. This is a really really good book. I read it in a week and I would definetly read it again. It's about a family of Private Investigators. The eldest daughter is the narrator, Isabel Spellman. She has worked for the family buisness all her life, but when her parents assign her little sister to follow her new boyfriend, she snaps. She decides to quit. Her parents agree for her to quit, but only if she solves the Stone case, the problem is, the Stone case is years old, and as twisted as a pretzel. It's a really good and funny book that I really recommend if you fancy some chewing-gum for the brain.

1. The Lost Art Of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice



This is undoubtedly my favorite book EVER in the history of the world so far. I've read it countless times and I could more or less recite it to you. It's about this terribly English 18 year-old girl called Penelope Wallace in post WW2. She lives in this massive estate house called Milton Magna Hall (or Magna for short) with her mum (a magnificent widow) and her brother, Inigo (an aspiring rockstar who has fallen in love with Rock'n'Roll and Pop Music). The day she meets Charlotte Ferris, who takes her to tea with her Aunt Clare and Cousin Harry, everything changes. And it changes even more when Harry, when he and Charlotte are visiting Magna, asks Penelope to accompany him and Charlotte to his ex-lover's (the renound Marina Hamilton) engagement party to pose as his new love so that Harry could win her back. As the books evolves, Charlotte and Penelope become fast friends. Truely this is a heart-warming book that I really am obsessed with (and I have to admit that I kind of fell a littlebit in love with Inigo and Harry!). What it really is, is a story of a girl becoming a woman and it's a real coming of age story. I could talk about it for years.

And that's it! My top 5 books of all time. Hope you enjoyed this and let me know if you like these sort of posts.

Aller Kiss,
Matti x


Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments