What's In My Bag - College Edition | Matti May Hardie

by - 4:22 PM

Hey all, how's you?
I’ve become one of those bloggers apparently. The kind that talks about school. Fun times. *whispers* Kill me now...
bag-flat-lay
In all seriousness, I wrote one of these ages ago for what I had in my carry on when I went to England (I refuse to link to it because it's horrendous) and had rather enjoyed writing it, so I figured I'd do the same with for my school bag. But this is more a realistic one, and there's not going to be 60 things because let's be real here - your back is too precious to stuff your bag silly with things.
My bag is always a good place to start. I've had my bag since I was 13 and it's taty but it does the job. It's from EastPak, which is pretty much the place to go to buy rucksacks in France. They're fairly pricey in my opinion, but the quality really makes it worth it. (I don't think they stock this colour anymore though). I did have a handbag last year but it's a lot more impractical to only be able to carry it on one shoulder, especially when I have my laptop in there.
I'm going to start with the big pocket at the front.
The biggest and most space consuming thing in there is a really fucking old Cath Kidston bag, that has my contact lenses box in it even though I don't wear my contact lens anymore; some ibuprofen in a beaten up little box I got from New York and kept for practicality; a teeny-weeny pot of face cream (Inell Face and Body Cream though I wouldn’t recommend it) that I decanted from the big pot because I've been ill recently and have been blowing my nose a lot, so I decided to have this handy to avoid a really sexy dry nose; my memory stick, which I use mainly for films and TV shows to watch in free periods; plasters in case my shoes rub me (which they do a lot, beware, Derby wearers). I'll usually have a mascara (Bobbi Brown sample more often than not) and maybe an eyeliner thrown in there too for good measure but they're currently in my make-up bag instead.
Then I have a sanitary towel because, you know, menstrual cycle; my deodorant, Axe Provocation because it smells just amazing and I find that guy’s deodorant smells better than girls’? My lunch card; a pack of menthol Luckies because yes, I smoke, no, I don't necessarily endorse it, but I do, and I said I'd show you what I had in my bag, and this is something I have in my bag. Bref, then I have multiple bus tickets and coach receits because I just shove them in there are proceed to forget about them. Finally, I'll generally put my earphones in there too, for safe keeping.
In the bigger pocket, I have my purse because you never know when you’re going to need to buy something, also the Cappuccinos at my school’s coffee machine are the one and I can never make them as nice as it makes them; a manga because I get bored and it’s nice to have something you don’t need to look at a screen for - I’m currently reading ‘Saint Young Men’ and it’s not quite as blasphemous as it sounds; a notepad because I’m always having ideas I need to jot down and I can’t always tear out pieces of my books because if not I’m going to end up with no books for my lessons and a shit ton of little pieces of paper with crap jotted on them; then my pencil case, for obvious reasons; crayons, again, obvious reasons. I have a certain lack of textbooks, more like an absence of them because we don’t have any in my form, and also of textbooks because I have a sorter instead and I bloody love it.
Depending on the day I’ll have my laptop in there too.  It's a Macbook Air and it’s a constant source of stress for me as I’m constantly scared I’m going to get it stolen but it’s worth it if I can get some blogging done during free-periods. I also have my phone charger (though at the moment it is someone else’s because I’m having 0 luck charger-wise), and a water bottle because hydration and I refuse to get dry skin and lips just because I’m at college. I also have a French copy of 'The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones' for an assignment at school. Finally, I have my new love, Le Petit Marseillais 'Hydrating Hand Cream' and it's a miracle worker! I put it on last night and this morning my hands were so. fucking. soft. I wanted to weep. And I'm a maniac when it comes to my hands so yeah.
________________________________
I hope you enjoyed having a little nosey in my school bag. What’s your schoolbag essential?
Matti x
Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • Pinterest • Bloglovin' 

You May Also Like

0 comments