Get Ready With Me: Halloween Edition | Matti May Hardie

by - 9:35 PM

Hey all, how's you?

Happy Halloween! Well, I mean, almost. I always struggle finding a halloween costume (especially this year - why did I cut all my hair off?!), and this year I had no choice seeing as me and my friends are having a party. I racked my brains and decided to go with Chucky. I then decided that I my dignity wouldn't allow me to be Chucky, so I went with Mathilda from Leon The Professional (I also picked her because, lol, my full name is Matilda - I'm proud of the joke). This was going to prove a bit more difficult but hey, what's life without a bit of struggle? Anyway, I chatted to a friend of mine who pointed out that Mathilda isn't particularly scary, so I decided to kill her off and making her dead Mathilda. Much better. I'm really proud of this costume so I decided to share it with you guys, plus, if you just want to go as normal Mathilda, this is a pretty easy look to throw together last minute.

I'd suggest grabbing a drink or a snack for this post as I've made it chatty and apparently I have quite a lot to say.


Make-Up




Seeing as I decided to kill her off so I needed to make myself look even whiter than usual (if that's actually possible) and also to factor in some blood because why the hell not, it's halloween. So I got some face paint and mixed it with my Rimmel 'Match Perfection' foundation in the shade 010 Light Porcelain to give myself some more coverage aswell as getting rid of any blemishes and hyperpigmentation and also to mask my freckles. I popped some powder on top of it just to mattify it a bit and make sure it sets - I'm using the E.LF 'High Definition' loose powder. Next I'm just going to really gently line my eyes with dark brown eyeshadow from the Urban Decay 'On The Run' set, just to give myself a really intense look, and also to help with the dead-look. I'm then going to fill in my eyebrows so that it doesn't look like I'm eyebrow-less and also to frame my face and again, add intensity my face. I decided last minute to do a lil' bit of contouring, just to make myself look properly gaunt and dead. I contoured my cheeks to high heaven, then did on the side of my nose, around my hairline and on my jaw, too using the bronzer in the 'On The Run' set. Next I'm going to make my lashes look super full and thick, so I'm using my beloved (yet very battered) Urban Decay 'Perversion' mascara (though in the photos I realised too late that I had forgotten to put any mascara on! Next I'm just plopping a couple of drops of fake blood next to my tear ducts and let that run down (guiding it with a brush so it doesn't go down too far or look too weird) so that I am crying blood. Whilst I was trying this look out (and when I took the photos, too), I wanted to play with the positioning of the blood, so I decided to put it in both corners of my right eye and I think it looks pretty cool. The blood is very much up to personal preference when it comes to where you want to put it. I know to begin with Mathilda isn't wearing any lipstick, but I couldn't resist wacking on a bit of lippy. I wanted to make it quite blood red, so I applied the Maybelline 'Color Sensational' lipstick in the shade 470 Red Revolution and then in the middle I put a bit of the good old Rimmel 'Kate Moss' lipstick in the shade 107 and tried to blend and make it look half decent. I hope it worked! I made sure to accentuate my lips and even though it was totally unintentional that they were shaped like that I think it looks perfect!

Costume




I actually made my choker which I was very proud of. I also decided to ditch the hat, simply because I couldn't find one. The jacket is my mum's and has had it for ages but there's a similar one here. Again, my top is really freaking old and from Primark, you *may* be able to find it again during the summer but I doubt it, so again, here's a link for a similar one. My shorts, guess what, I can't find a link for! I swear the internet doesn't want me to link anything for this post, but they're just simple blue jean shorts and you can literally find that kind of thing anywhere so I'm not even going to bother linking to anything, plus you can wear pretty much any kind of shorts, whether they're black, dark blue, as long as they're fairly dark that's the main thing. My boots, again, are unfindable, but you can find some fairly similar here.

Hair




My hair was a whole other kettle of fish. As you guys know, I have little-to-no hair left anymore, so it was automatically going to be complicated to get Mathilda's classic hairstyle that everyone recognises. I had a look to see if I could find a half decent wig that would suit my needs, and luckily there was! I got my wig from the same shop I got the fake blood and face paint, it's from a brand called Boland but I can't for the life of me find a link to.

I don't actually have a photo of the ensemble but I shall add one as soon as I have one.


I must apologize for my uselessness at linking for this post, for some reason I decided to use untraceable items of clothing or really obscure make-up brands. Fun times!
_________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this post, I don't think I'll do this every year, simply because I really don't enjoy seasonal posts as I always do it at the last minute and it's just generally more stressful than anything but now and again I'll try.

What are you going as this halloween?

Matti x


Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • Pinterest • Bloglovin' 

You May Also Like

0 comments