Autumn/Winter Daytime GRWM | Matti May Hardie

by - 11:24 AM

Hey all, how's you?

Autumn is fast turning to winter, and with that is a change of outfit and make-up look.

Note: When it comes to eyeshadows, the palette I'm using doesn't give me any names for either the shades nor the palette itself. Because of this, I've named the shades 1, 2, 3 ect... to give you guys an idea which one I'm using.

Another note: This is my first GRWM so bare with me as I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing or how to explain things (namely eyeshadow and where I'm putting it).

Make-Up
Base

Generally, my base doesn't really change from season to season, except in the summer when I change my foundation for BB Cream or even just concealer. I don't always do this step, but I'll prime my face with the Benefit "POREfessional" primer. For a foundation I'll use my Rimmel "Match Perfection" foundation then the MAC "Pro-Longwear" concealer on any major blemishes with the RealTechniques concealer brush as always. I'll set all that with the ELF "High Definition" powder.



Eyes and Brows
Simply because I'm really fucking lazy, I don't tend to prime my eyes. First I'll take my total favourite, holy grail palette, the nameless one (that's my name for it because it doesn't actually have a name or a brand) and I'll take shade 1 and put it all over my lid, and also highlight the inner corner of my eye and my brow bone with it too. Then I'll take shade 2 and put it all over my lid, just under the crease. Then I'll take shade 3 and put it all over my crease and blend. 
As always, I'll take the Maybelline "Master Precise" liquid eyeliner and draw a teeny tiny line right on my lid. The goal there is to make it subtle, so that you can tell there's something different there but you can't quite get what.
Next I'll take the No7 "Extreme Length" mascara and a Clinique mascara but I can't remember because it's rub off. I'll do a couple of coats 
Then I'll take shade 2 again and fill in my brows using that and an angled brush.



Blush and Bronzer
I mean, I really just am not exciting when it comes to blush and bronzer. It's the same thing as it always is. Unnamed palette for blush, and the N°7 "Perfectly Bronzed" dual bronzer.

Lips 
Even though I know that autumn is the time to wear dark shades, since the focus was more on the eyes, I just went for a lighter shade, as to not overpower the look and look too full on (as I always say, you get to choose when it comes to make-up, you choose to focus on your eyes or your lips, never both). Because I'm just not exciting at all, I used the ELF "Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick" in Pink Umbrellas (that for some reason conjures up a mental image of a load of elephants holding pink umbrellas - I don't know).





Outfit


Jeans: Teddy Smith; Shirt: Camaieu; Jacket: Old




Hair
One of the best things about having a pixie cut is how low maintenance it is. All I needed to do is just straighten my fringe, use a bit of hair spray and voilà! Done!

I hope you enjoyed this get ready with me, let me know if you'd like me to do any others.

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

You May Also Like

0 comments