Autumn Make-Up Menu 2015 | Matti May Hardie

by - 4:05 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

As summer fades into autumn, make-up looks change as the leaves on the trees do.

That sounds very pompous doesn't it? Sorry, I've been watching Downton Abbey all day so I'm full of fancy, proper talk. Anyway, I felt like it was time to show you lot what I've been slathering on my face to make myself look presentable during this season.

Base



This step doesn't change all that much. I tend to skip primer because a) I'm lazy and b) I don't sweat as much as I do in summer so I don't find it very useful (and my Benefit primer is sacred and not to be wasted under any circumstances haha).

I'll start with the Rimmel "Match Perfection" foundation, (or the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream if I want a bit less coverage -it's generally what I'll reach for if I'm at college) then move straight on to the No7 "Perfectly Bronzed" Dual Bronzer to set my make-up and try and keep the paleness at bay (not an easy task, I can assure you). I don't tend to bother with concealer since the foundation is pretty good coverage, but if not then I'll use the MAC "Pro-Longwear" concealer in the shade NW20 and apply it with the concealer brush of the original RealTechnique collection.

Eyes and Eyebrows


This actually changes (miracle!). Generally I'll draw a thin-ish line on the top of my lid and a line on my top waterline, which will print itself slightly onto my bottom waterline. I don't tend to put eyeliner on my bottom waterline, simply because about 10 minutes after I end up looking like a panda.
Then I'll take a white eyeliner and highlight the inner corner of my eye and my brow bone, then blend out with a clean blending brush or my fingers (usually my fingers).
For mascara, as always, I tend to mix two mascaras together. I've run out of my Rimmel "ScandalEyes" (sob), and I had two sample mascaras - the No7 "Extreme Length" mascara (that I plan on buying in full size as soon as I can because I love that mascara) and the Clinique mascara but I can't remember because it's rub off. First I'll apply a couple of coats of the Clinique mascara on my top lashes, then I'll apply the No7 mascara on top and on my bottom lashes.

For my eyebrows, I'll do the same as always, I'll comb my eyebrows through with a spooly and shape them so they look half decent (again, not an easy job as my eyebrows do everything other than look good - obviously!), then I'll fill them in with a light browney/grey-ish shade that goes rather well with my hair in it's current predicament.

Blush and Bronzer



As I mentionned before, I use the No7 "Perfectly Bronzed" Dual Bronzer as a bronzer, then I'll use a blush from this, unnamed palette.

Lips



Now, this is where it gets interesting. I wanted a lipstick that I didn't usually wear, but that was a proper good berry toned lipstick. My mind went directly to my Rimmel "Kate Moss" lipstick in 107. Zoella's signature lipstick. It's a really pretty berry lipstick with some pink and red tones.

What have your been wearing this autumn?

Aller Kiss,
Matti x


You May Also Like

0 comments