Winter Make-Up Menu

by - 10:39 PM


Well this post is horrendously late, isn't it! Me? Useless at doing anything on time? Lies!

I feel like I've rediscovered make-up recently and I finally enjoy putting make-up on, and it's a lot less of a burden than it has been in the past.

Base

I've decided to give up on foundation. Dun dun duuun. This decision was made when I did put foundation on and realised that it doesn't suit me, really. It dulls my freckles, but not quite enough to hide them completely, so it just looks a bit dumb, so I gave up on the stuff. Instead, I've opted for the MAC 'Pro-Longwear' concealer. Of course, (when I remember, at least) I prime my face with the Benefit 'Porefessional' primer, as usual. Also under my concealer, however, I'm going to put some green concealer in any places where I have any redness or hyper-pigmentation (generally that means chin, jawbone, under my nose and on any spots), then I'll lightly blend it in. I was a bit skeptical at first but actually turns out this shit is great! I'm setting that with the E.L.F "High Definition'.

Eyes


Recently I've taken to not using eyeliner or anything, simply because, as I've already said many times, I end up looking like a panda, and as you can imagine it's really unattractive. Instead, I've opted for eyeshadow. I've been quite liking putting the shade ME-512 (that lovely champagne colour in the middle of the bottom row) from my Make-Up Forever 'Spring Flower' palette on the entirety of my lid, and then with a slanted brush, just dabbing a bit of ME-930 on my top lash line and on my bottom lash from the end of my eye to the middle of my eye. Sometimes, if I'm feeling a bit bolder, I'll do it from the beginning of my eye to the middle which I feel defines my eye a bit more.
I'll finish it up with the TooFaced 'Better Than Sex' mascara which I need a whole other post to discuss because OH LORDY it's good!

Blush, Bronze and Highlight



I have nothing to say about this part, I'm literally in love with these little beauties in my TooFaced palette! They're really amazing, pigmented and all the heart-eyed emojis! I think I'm going to do a full review on the set I got for Christmas because it really is great!

Lips



I'm going quite neutral on my lips of late. I'm not sure quite what's come over me but I just haven't had the reflex to grab my Kate Moss in 107 or my Clinique lipstick. I've actually, for once, been longing for more nude lips, and focusing more on the eyes. Saying that, I do love a good lipstick, and these two have definitely been doing a mighty fine job. I've been mostly reaching for MAC lipstick in the shade 'Hug Me' or more recently the TooFaced 'Melted' liquified lipstick in Chocolate Milkshake WHICH SMELLS OF CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE and I had a fit when I realised this.

What have you been wearing recently? I hope you guys had a nice Christmas and are going to get horribly drunk and have a blast with your friends on New Years Eve!

Matti x

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice post! I have heard so much about Too Faced Christmas palette, it is so adorable and the shadows look amazing.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete