July Favourites | Matti May Hardie

by - 9:54 PM

Hey all
Hows you?

Lip-Coat
What you do is you put your lipstick on and them you put the lip-coat on over it and it makes it stay 10 x longer. You can drink, you can kiss, you can talk ect, ect and the lipstick won't come off. However, when you apply it, while drying, it burns quite a bit. But you can't do anything with your lips (talk, drink, ect...) while it's drying, it doesn't take too long, but it really is worth it.

MAC Powder
Next is M.A.C powder. Yes, I know I mention M.A.C a lot when talking about beauty products, but I really do swear by M.A.C even though I'm too poor to buy anything from there (sniff...). So (are you ready?) my mum's best friend's daughter made me up and she put some M.A.C powder on me and it was so so good. I'm definitely saving up for that!

Pitch Perfect



This film is about a girl called Beca, who is an aspiring DJ forced to go to college by her dad and what happens when she is... let's call it forcefully persuaded to join her college's all-female accapella group, the Barden Bellas. It's really funny and just one of those films that I could watch over and over and still think to myself after "That was a great film." If you like music and comedy, this is a film for you! (Just like in the advert, jokes)


The Breakfast Club



Next is a film that is often referenced by a friend of Becca's in Pitch Perfect called "The Breakfast Club". I literally watched it for the first time last night and when it was finished I restarted it. It was that good. It's about 5 students from totally different social groups - an athlete, a nerd, a princess, a basket case and a criminal - who are all in detention all day one Saturday. At first they can't stand each other but in the end, it's completely the opposite. I promise you, it is one of the funniest films I have EVER watched. EVER. The acting is brilliant, the script is witty and it's joke after joke, I'm absolutely sold. I could only find one problem, it's that I didn't get why they called themselves "The Breakfast Club" there was no reference to breakfast or any meals mind you apart from when they're eating lunch. Feel free to explain in the comments.

The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones



... Well... where the fuck am I meant to start on explaining this! It's quite an involved story and to be honest I had to get a plot summary from IMDb because if I had tried to explain it this would have been the longest post EVER (I've turned this to make it my words but the briefness of the one on IMDb). Set in contemporary New York City, Clary Fray, a seemingly normal teenager, discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret "breed" of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons. After the disappearance of her mother, Clary joins forces with a group of Shadowhunters who live at "the Insitute", (a building that looks like a dump from the human eye, but from a Shadowhunter's eye, is a palace) who introduce her to a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld, filled with demons, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and othe deadly creatures.

MAGIC!



This sounds like a really random name but it's a really cool band. It's sort of a rocky/reggae sound and I'm really loving their new album, "Don't Kill The Magic!"

Aller Kiss,
Matti x


Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments