Summer Preparations | Matti May Hardie

by - 9:01 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

SUMMERS NEARLY HERE!!!!!! I literally can't express how excited I am for spring and summer. Like, I'm weeing myself with excitement. Okay, maybe not that but you get the idea. So now I'm making all my preps (I'm starting early because I only have 20 euros allowance for everything so I need to spread it all out over the months) and I thought I'd share these preparations.

Skincare
Clinique "Superdefense Daily Defense with SPF 20" Moisturizer


I got this as a sample a few days ago and I'm still using it now. I really like it and I feel like the fact that there's a decent SPF is a massive bonus because I hate putting sun cream on my face. I probably won't be able to afford this, but I can still dream, right?


Nivea "Aqua Effect" Matifying Day Cream



This is for the ladies who are broke. Like me! Since I have no money (no job, no career, I'M A FAILURE... nah joking, I'm 14, I'm too young to be a failure yet, still got a couple of years haha), I really like this dupe. It's quite oily, but it soaks into my skin quite well.

Denim shorts

This is pretty much going to be a staple this summer big time. They go with everything and look uber casual, but dressy enough for a night market or two (if you don't know what a night market is then you're missing out on life. Go and Google it now, you won't be sorry.)

Dungarees

Don't ask me why, but I have a total obsession with dungarees. I tend to wear these with a white top or vest if you're feeling crazy or it's particularly hot and a pair of Converse All Stars. 

White Tops
Tops, vests, shirts, white everything! They go with anything, they can look casual or dressy depending on how you wear them and what with, and they always look right. If you don't have at least one white vest, shirt and t-shirt in your warbrobe, you're missing out.

Playsuits



These are my staples during the summer. They're so light and comfortable that they're perfect for lounging by the pool in, yet you can very easily go to festivals and night markets (in case you had an inkling, yes, night markets take up a big portion of my summers and are the main event always) in it too and still look pretty acceptable.

Flower crowns
I blame Louise from SprinkleofGlitter for this one... Louise was raving about them in a few of her hauls when she went to Disneyland Florida earlier in the year, and was saying how great they were. At first, I wasn't convinced. Flower crowns seemed a bit too girly for me, but I then realised that I just needed to style them right. I have a vision of a really nice outfit for the summer that consists of: flowing floral vest/shirt thing, denim shorts, converse all stars, and some simple gold bangles and midi rings. Nice right?


_________________________________________


Quick life update: I'm going to Gemany for a week tomorrow, so I won't be able to post until next Saturday. I will (hopefully) be vlogging it, so I will let you guys know when it's up of course. 
Also, sorry about all the stock photos but I don't have a lot of the things I've mentionned in this post. I did as best as I could!!

What are your summer essentials? 

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments