Cup Of Tea and A Catch Up #6

by - 4:55 PM


It's a glorious Sunday as I'm writing this. I have The Michalaks' latest vlog in the corner, my lunch was amazing and fairly healthy too, and I'm now drinking coke from a coffee cup because why not.
I've been thinking a lot recently and I didn't want to make some big convoluted post about it so I figured I'd do a Cup Of Tea and A Catch Up and talk about it here.
On my blog, I'm generally quite grumpy, sarcastic, with a very dry humour, and if not then I'm just very excitable and a *bit* like a toddler who's had to many sweets. I'm not into collabs, I'm not cutesy, I try to avoid being like some teen bloggers who just seem overly happy and positive all the time. I complain, I'm always real with you guys and I swear. I try and stay as human as possible, and sometimes I worry I'm too real, I've realised from this that because I'm so frank, I now feel like I can't do stuff like tags and blogger awards and that kind of stuff, because, well, that's not how I am. I mean, I'm not, but about a month or so ago, a fellow blogger tagged me in a blogger award, I was flattered, but then I worried because, oh, wait, I can't post this on my blog. This isn't the kind of stuff I post, this isn't my kind of content, I'm the sarcastic one that swears! It annoys me that I feel like I've written myself into a corner so now I can't let myself do things that I do kind of like doing from time to time.

This is something that I hate about putting myself on the internet. I feel like I've created a "brand" (ew) for myself that I can't get out of now. I've created this character, if you will, and I'm now scared to break character, out of fear that you guys are going to be like "oh right, okay, she's gone all cutesy on us, let's go guys". It's stupid, I know, but it's something I worry about.

I pride myself on being able to talk about make-up and fashion and shit like that and still have a manner of speaking that isn't classed as a classic 'beauty blogger'. That's actually quite a nice segway for my next little piece of information, which is that I'm going to try branching out my content. It's another part that comes with feeling like I'm cornered against a wall, it's because I feel like I know have no choice but write the same kind of posts all the time. I've brainstormed a lot (a two-hour round trip on the bus to my friend's house for Halloween helped with that) and have decided to shamelessly make posts about cross-dressing, LGBT stuff, and mental health. Because I refuse to be 'that blogger' who never makes anything that isn't beauty, fashion or lifestyle-related. I have opinions on things and I want this to be a more diverse place, where it's not just "today I'm wearing Lady Danger on my lips!".

Let me know what your thoughts are on the subject as I'd love to hear them.

Matti x

You May Also Like

0 comments