September/October Favourites | Matti May Hardie

by - 8:18 PM

I don't actually have that many beauty related favourites this month, simple because I don't have the will to put on any make-up whilst at school.
I heard about this from Eve Bennett's video, and it intrigued me because as you guys probably all know by now, I am trying to learn Korean. I've been trying and trying and looking for different websites and apps and they've all been okay but not quite what I'm looking for - then I tried Memrise. You basically have different levels and you can review stuff you've already learnt so you don't forget it and it's actually got me wanting to learn Korean again! I don't know about other languages but for Korean they do linger on Hangul a fair bit but I guess that's understandable seeing as if you don't know Hangul you're not going to get very far!
I’ve had this for an age and a half, you’ve all already heard about it, but I’ve actually learnt how to apply it properly (!!!) and I’m now well and truly in love with it. It mattifies really nicely, even though you can see it if you haven’t blended it in properly, but that’s a small price to pay for such an amazing natural matte finish. One thing that really sells it for me is that isn't doesn't get into any creases or my pores and just sits really nicely on my skin. And, icing on the cake, since it's E.L.F, it's super affordable.


CVS Pharmacy Cold Sore Treatment
I got this an age and a half ago, back when I was in New York. I have a bad tendancy of developping cold sores at the worst possible moments, and this was one of those times. When in the big apple, the point is to look as fly as possible, and not like you’ve developped herpes - yum. I decided to go to CVS (I had no idea that it was CVS until now when I read the name) and pick up some cold sore treatment. I didn’t look into it all that much, I just wanted something to help clear up the unwanted thing on my lip. Well, it worked. I can say with conviction that this beats everything. It beats every other cold sore cream, gel, and potion I’ve ever tried. I don’t know why, but it’s very drying, and if there’s one thing you want to do with cold sores is to dry them out. It’s a really weird consistency, kind of a gel but then when you’re applying it it goes at dry. It’s really difficult to explain, but my point is that this works really well. In order to combat cold sores, I tend to wet a tea bag (yes, really) and put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes, stick that on the sore in the morning until it’s de-freezed (if you have the time, otherwise just leave it on for as long as you can), then apply the treatment. It works really well since the tea bag helps stop it from swelling too much, and the treatment works to get rid of it entirely. Teamwork!
Death Note

I’m so glad I’m keeping my favourites jolly, eh? I’m just kidding, this is an anime I’ve recently gotten into. I’ve only recently started watching animes, and I’ve quickly realised they’re perfect for me because I have such a short attention span, I’m struggling with hour-long episodes. Anime episodes are about a half-hour long so it’s half the length of a TV show episode. I’ve got a post on my k-pop blog here if anyone’s interested in getting into anime.
Anyway, Death Note is a really cool anime about a guy called Light who finds a book, owned by a God of death, Ryuk. The book, called a Death Note, controls death, and writing a name in the death note can lead them to die from a heart-attack. He decides to start killing people, because why not, and the police decide to investigate, with the help of a brilliant detective who goes simply by the name L. Shit + fan. All I’m going to say.
Again, Japanese shit, I’m sorry, okay! I tried not to go all fangirl on you but this I couldn’t miss out. This manga, quite simply, tells the story of when Jesus and Buddha, go on holiday to Tokyo. This is fucking mental and so Japanese I could cry but my god, it’s gold. It’s a bit tricky to read so you may not get it if it’s your first time reading a manga but once you’ve got the hang of it it’s great. I can’t find a website particularly to buy mangas but I found them on eBay here so knock yourself out.
70’s Style Coat
I mean, technically, this isn’t mine; it’s Mama’s. But! She’s been in Australia recently and hasn’t had any need for her coat (for obvious reasons), so I took it upon myself to steal it because lordy lordy, is that a coat I need in my life. I feel like I’m in one of those 70’s British crime dramas that are on TV sometimes, especially paired with my black jeans and Derby's. Hubba hubba.
Harry Potter And The Cursed Child
Me and my educational assistant are in a constant battle for me to read French books instead of constantly in English. I've tried and failed many times, but when she told me that she has bought a copy of the new Harry Potter book, I got rather excited. She said she'd lend it to me but it was in French. I bit the bullet and read 3 quarters of it in 2 days. I didn't get chance to finish it since we broke up for the holidays and I had to give it back to her, so I'll finish it in two weeks (hopefully). It's so good and I was constantly gripped. Every person I talked about it to said the same thing - it reads itself. It's really easy to read and it's so easy to get really sucked into the story. I'm not going to talk about the plot because knowing me I'm going to say everything. I just regret the fact that I couldn't snap a picture of it before I had to give it back!


Mama went to Australia in early September, and while she was in the duty free, she decided to treat herself to a new MAC lipstick. What she was looking for, was 'Velvet Teddy' (because the thing is a cult product), but instead, the sales woman got mixed up and gave her 'Hug Me' instead. Mama didn't actually think to check the name, bought it and was on her way. She tried it whilst in Australia and decided it wasn't for her as it was paler than she thought it would be and make her look "a *bit* like a corpse" (her words, not mine!). She decided to give it to me, and I took of course because who says no to a MAC lippy, huh? I wanted to take a snapchat for my friend Frances to make her jealous (because I'm such a lovely friend) and was going to take a photo of  bottom where the name is. As I went to take the photo, I saw the name and realised what had happened! I still decided to try it out and it's a really nice nude with some subtle brown tones.

I have a little announcement, which I'm going to tell you with a heavy heart. I went back to school on Thursday, and as I usually do put my bag under the staircase and didn't think any more about it. Then, yesterday evening, I opened my make-up bag in horror. Someone had stolen the entirety of my make-up bag, other than my moisturiser, my ELF powder and my Rimmel powder, my blending brush and my powder brush, and my Benefit palette. They took my Urban Decay 'On The Run' palette (which you probably all know by now is my favourite set ever), my Urban Decay 'Naked' concealer (the only fucking concealer that fit my skin tone!), and my Benefit 'Gimme Brow" brow mascara. I haven't been able to do all the maths to see how much but it was probably a good 80€ worth of make-up, but even aside from the money, it was all of my favourites, my staples, the make-up I used every single day. All that to say that I won't be posting many make-up posts for a while until I can get my make-up collection sorted and I can get myself sorted with what I have and what's gone. Saying that, I have some bits coming pretty soon from Boots so I'll probably do a baby haul once I receive it.

This post was really up in arms and really shit I'm so sorry, I'll do better soon! 

Matti x

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've been learning French recently through Memrise and I found it has really helped me too:)

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete