Plans For 2017

by - 5:21 PM



I currently have 3 normal cups of coffee in one big Starbucks mug I got for Christmas, so today should be veeeerry fun!

I've actually thought this post over, which is nothing less of a miracle. I've been thinking a lot about where I want this here blog to go over this next year. I feel like I've been very much stuck in the "beauty blogger" box for a very long time, but then I soon realised that actually, I'm kind of starting to lean more to beauty and lifestyle instead of just beauty. So this is a little recap of what's (hopefully) going to be happening on my blog in 2017.

More LGBT related posts

Obviously, as my bio shows perfectly, I am a member of the LGBT community. I really want to make more content (I just laughed at myself for using the word 'content' I'm so lame) about LGBT stuff. But the thing is, all the stuff I read or watch that is directly LGBT-related is always so depressing! 90% of the LGBT related stuff is just about how there's no equality, and as important as it is to spread the word, and I'm not saying that I don't want to make serious content about it, but I also want to make light-hearted stuff.

More midweek posts

I wish wish wish I could put up two or more posts a week. I really wish I could, but I know that's just not going to be possible because of school, which I've already explained, however, I think I may just put extra posts up when I can because I really love posting!

Writing more of what I want 

This basically ties in with what I was talking about when I said I wanted to write more LGBT stuff, but I also wanted to just add a bit in and say that I want to write more of what interests me and things I'd like to share with you guys. There's going to be a hell of a lot more diverse stuff on here so bare with!

Use more of my own photography

As you guys have probably already seen if you're been reading this blog for a while is that I very often use stock photos. Not because I can't be bothered to take them, on the contrary, I love photography, but I just don't have the equipment to be content with the photos I'm taking. I'm going to try and save up for a decent camera this year and I'm going to try and put extra effort into making everything on this blog my own. (This bit is ironic seeing as the photo I used is a stock photo - go ahead and sue me!)

Work with more brands

I really enjoy working with brands. I like that it helps get smaller brands out there, I like talking to brands about what they want - I just generally love it. I haven't worked with many brands at all since I   started this blog so that's something I'm going to make a conscious effort to try and at least contact more brands this year.

Try harder on social media

I've reached a point now where I'd like to get my social media figures up a bit. For a couple of reasons. 1) Brands are more likely to be cooperative if you have larger figures (it's sad but it's true, there's not much I can do about that) and 2) I find it nice that I can talk to you guys. For example, I want a film to watch, I can tweet out and ask you guys what you think and actually get a response. I find that sense of community really comforting and nice.

What are you planning on doing this year?


Matti x

You May Also Like

0 comments