My New Hair | Matti May Hardie

by - 10:42 AM

Hey all,
Hows you?

I've cut my hair again... Okay so I know I said that I probably wouldn't go any shorter but I couldn't resist the temptation!

Okay so I was looking for hair colours first. Then I found this photo and fell in love. I loved the cut, the colour, everything. I asked around and most people said that they thought it would suit me.


Since the day I turned 14, my Mum has had a "your choice, no complaints" policy when it comes to my hair. I can do whatever I want to my hair (except maybe shave it all off), but she has 3 conditions:
- I don't complain about it after
- I can't blame her for having let me do it
- I have to pay for it
so she wasn't that bothered and made the appointment for me (yah, I'm 15 (nearly 16) and I still ask my Mum to make appointments for me - thanks social anxiety..). I was elated. Despite only just getting over a nasty bout of pharyngitis, I troupered on and went to the salon, sore throat and all.

I had never been to that salon before so I was a little apprehensive, but the hairdresser that was taking care of me was lovely and we had a (long) chat about what I wanted to get done, what I was willing to change or alter. 



Straight up, the hairdresser, Rebecca, said that I wouldn't be able to do that colour because I had "too much of a brassy base" in my roots (so, my natural colour) and it wouldn't look right, so we had a look at the colour chart and chose a colour that was closer to my natural colour but still had some reddy tones to it. 


I'm so freaking obsessed with my hair right now! I love the cut and how little maintenance it takes - it's a dream just brushing it in the morning and straightening really quickly in the morning instead of taking ages having to straighten it all every morning to make it presentable. And the colour is exactly what I wanted, I think it suits me better than the colour on the photo.

So yeah, pixie cuts for the win!

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

You May Also Like

0 comments