Sunday Night Routine | Matti May Hardie

by - 12:54 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

As some of you may know if you read my latest "Cup Of Tea And A Catch Up" post, I am now in college! I'm studying hairdressing and I'm really enjoying it so far, despite a few incidents that follow suit when you're a bisexual girl in an almost totally girl school (don't even ask). Anyway, I wanted to talk you guys through what I do on a Sunday to prepare for the week ahead.

Tea



So this isn't surprising, since, duh, #britishgoals. But yeah, I'll tend to make myself a cup of tea and recuperate as weekends seem to be jam packed doing everything I can't do during the week, so a sit down and a cup of tea is much appreciated! I tend to drink Lipton's Green Tea but then sometimes a good old builder's tea hits the spot like nothing else.

Shower

Once the tea has been consumed, I'll have a shower, wash my hair and body, and shave most of the hair off my body. Then I'll apply a hair mask (I use Le Petit Marseillais "Nutrition Intense" hair mask with Argan and Karité Oil), leave the shower for 20 minutes to half an hour depending on how long I have/how patient I'm feeling. Then I go back into the shower and rinse the mask off.
I don't blow dry my hair after a mask because I feel like it totally annuls the effects of the mask. I don't know, but that's just my personal opinion. That and I'm fucking lazy.

Do My Nails

I tend to keep this to once a week, simply because doing my nails is one of the most extruciating, boring and annoying processes ever. I hate it. Because when it comes to filing my nails down it takes ages because I'm very particular with the shape of my nails and my nails grow look like nothing else. But once it's done, I feel like a new person. So I take my nail polish off,  cut/file my nails down and then let my nails breath for a bit, then I'll paint my nails again for the next week. My current nail varnish of choice is Barry M "Matte Nail Paint" in Espresso.

Pack My Suitcase
As I've already mentionned, I sleep at school during the week, so every Sunday I have the fun job of packing my suitcase and trying not to forget anything essential (never happens, I always forget something). I'll tend to put it off until 10pm because I can't deal and I hate it so much, but I tend to get there eventually.

Blog, Blog, and Blog A Bit More



I know I'm rubbish with the whole "posting" at the moment, I'm doing my best okay! But to tell you the truth, I have about 7 posts in my drafts folder, it's very annoying that I never have enough time to finish and post them, but there you are.

Netflix
Once I know that everything is (pretty much) organised, I know I can kick back and catch up on some Youtube or whichever TV show I'm watching. At the moment, I'm loving The Vampire Diaries, Sons Of Anarchy (totally out of character but I'm totally obsessed), and Gossip Girl, but I want to start Breaking Bad soon too (yes I like watching loads of shows at once!).

Sleep. A Lot
Because I'm sleep deprived, what with the whole "school" thing, I tend to try and get in the most sleep possible over the weekend. Which also means going to sleep as early as I can, which tends to be about 10 to 11pm depending on what time I woke up that morning.

What do you do the evening before school?

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Pinterest :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments