RealTechniques Brushes Review | Matti May Hardie

by - 7:50 PM

Hey all,

Hows you?


A few weeks ago, I received a box in the post. It could only mean one thing: MY REALTECHNIQUES ORDER HAD ARRIVED!! I immediatley unboxed them and I must admit I fangirled a hell of a lot. But then again, these are my first proper, nice, fancy make-up brushes so I'm aloud right?

The packaging was adorable. It was pink, guys. Can we just appreciate that for a sec? Pink. Box. OHMYGOD.


My Mum had also bought some stuff in the same order that I had. She's bought the "Nick's Picks" collection and the make-up palette, and I had bought the "Travel Essentials" collection and the concealer brush. Aswell as that, that lovely lot over at RealTechniques threw in a pointed lip brush as a little prezzie too (something I will be eternally grateful for).



We'll start off with the "Travel Essentials" collection. I was most excited for this, because a) I had wanted a crease/blending brush since my Mum got her Mac one and b) I needed a new powder/blush/buffing brush (it didn't specify what the big fluffy pink handled brush was used for so I kind of just use it for anything powder-related and the rare buffing. I didn't actually plan to use the foundation brush, because I prefered using my fingers when it comes to foundation, and also because at the time I still used BB Cream. I guess I've also had a run in with a crappy foundation and foundation brush before so wasn't really sure about it. 
  When I first used the powder brush, I was a little disappointed to be honest. I was expecting it to hold the powder better than it did, but after using it a bit more I realised that it was actually just me not putting enough powder on the brush haha. 
  The crease/blending brush, however, I was really really happy with. Almost as soon as I used it I tilted my head back, opened my eyes wide and whispered to myself "wow...". I NEVER do that about brushes. It blends really nicely and it holds the eyeshadows really really well.
  Even though I hadn't planned on using the foundation brush, I decided to give it a whirl anyway, so that if I end up not liking it, I can say to myself "well, at least I've tried it and not presumed anything". Also, soon after I received the brushes I switched to foundation (a decision I'll never regret) so I decided to give it a go. Well, again, I realised that I would be using foundation brushes for as long as I wear make-up. It holds the foundation SO WELL and is just perfect in every single way. 


Next I want to talk about the concealer brush. At first, I had high expectations from it, since when I had unboxed it I was blown away by the precision of the angle at the tip, and just generally the dimensions of the brush. As I've used it, I've decided that it's nothing holy grail status, but it definitley is a very good concealer brush.


This is what my Mum bought, so I asked her to comment (I felt like such a journalist haha). This is what she had to say about it:

"The Duo-Fiber face brush is extremely soft and nice to use. At first I thought the duo fiber bit (the longer and shorter bristles) would flick the powder everywhere but it doesn't.
  With the cheek brush, again, nice, tight bristles. really happy. A joy to use.
   The angled shadow brush is very useful. I honestly never thought an angled shadow brush would be an essential in my make-up kit but it really is. It makes doing my crease so much easier and looks so much more precise and better.
  For the base shadow brush, again, very soft bristles. Easy to use. Very, very happy.
Generally speaking, I never thought I'd be as pleased with them as I am. I've been using the same brushes for 25 years and I bought these as a treat for myself, but to be honest, I think I'll still be using these in 25 years!"

I hope this has helped if anyone had been looking into buying some RealTechniques brushes. I would definitely recommend them.

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

You May Also Like

0 comments