5 Things To Know About Being a Blogger | Matti May Hardie

by - 2:08 PM

Hey all,
How's you?

I've been blogging for about a year and a half now, and I've realised some things about it that I wanted to share with you guys, and so that I can tell anyone that wants to start a blog that they've been warned.


1/ Most of your life is spent thinking up blog posts
And everything is a potential blog post subject. I was having... intimate times with a guy the other day and I had an idea for a blog post. They come and you wonder what bought them on but one thing you do know is that it wasn't the right time for them to pop into your head. Sexy-times, exams, lessons, even when you're waking up in the morning. Be ready. Be afraid. Very afraid.

2/ It's all you'll be able to think about
At first, it won't be too bad, but the longer you go blogging, the harder it is to leave your computer at home when you go to your best friends (I speak from experience).

3/ Blogging friends don't come right away
Apart from if you started blogging because your friend was doing it, if you start blogging on your own, you won't be immediately surrounded by a circle of blogger friends. It took me pretty much a year to build up a relationship with my now blogging bestie Frances and I've only really known the Sparkle Of Style (the collab blog I'm part of) girls for a couple of months.

4/ The envy is real
You will get photo envy from most other bloggers, you will get layout envy and wonder why you can't afford to get yours done professionally. If you deny it, you're lying to yourself. Bref, you will get envy over every other blogger on earth, and you're just gonna have to suck it up and keep going.


5/ Free samples don't come easily
Generally, PR companies don't even look at you if you haven't got a certain number of hits each month. That doesn't mean that you can't approach them so they have you in their books, but don't expect companies like Rimmel or TwoFaced to run at you when you've only got about 2 posts and 10 views.

And there we are! If you're a blogger, can you add anything? I'd love to hear from you guys.

Aller Kiss!
Matti xxx

Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments