Blogging Away From Home | Matti May Hardie

by - 11:14 AM

Hey all,
Hows you?

If you know me, you'll know that I spend a lot of time away from home. Whether it's during schooltime or not, I'm always all over the place, either at my best friend's home (aka my second home and second family) or (less often) at another friend's house, or in England (whenever I can), I tend to be off galivanting off somewhere other than my actual home. I thought I'd talk about how I manage my blog whilst I'm away from home because it can be quite tricky sometimes!


Writing

This is actually the easiest part of it. If it's during schooltime and I haven't taken my computer, I'll write it up on my iPod then e-mail it to myself, then use my friend's computer to copy and paste it into blogger - or even easier, I'll just do it on the Blogger app (not actually very good but it does the job). I do prefer doing it all on my computer though, so I tend to bring my computer everywhere with me! (Which is one of the benefits of having a thin-old MacBook Air - BAE).

Photography

I think we can all confirm, I have a love for stock photos. I'm totally open about the fact that I use stock photos in my posts (mostly lifestyle posts though, I rarely to never use stock photos on when I'm talking about products), simply because all these professional photographers with their fancy DSLR cameras take photos so much better than I do!! My favourite services are Snapwire Snaps, Death To The Stock Photo and Stokpic. They're all free and their photos are be-au-ti-ful! Anyway, generally, if I need to take some photos, I'll do it on site. I'll pick a spot, check with whoever it is if they're okay for me to take a couple of pictures there, and then snap snap snap and we're done. Easy as.

Prewriting Posts

I'm going to tell you now, that's an unknown concept to me. I may sometimes do a bit of brainstorming before the trip or on the flight over so I now I have enough blog posts to keep me going over the trip.

_____________________________________

Really, I tend to have time on my hands when I go to England (that's pretty much the only place I travel to). However, next year I'm going to have to be an intern at the college I want to go to because my Mum isn't able to come and get me every day so I think I'm going have to work on getting organised so I can get posts out to you, maybe not every other day but maybe twice in the week? I'm still working that out!

If you're a blogger, let me know how you organise yourself when you're away from home.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I feel like my blogging has been somewhat underpar at the moment so hopefully I'll be able to pick up my blogging game soon.

Aller Kiss!
Matti xxx

Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments