My Goals For 2016 | Matti May Hardie

by - 10:12 AM

Hey all,
Hows you?

First things first - I know this  post is embarassingly late. Sue me, why don't you!

I wasn't planning on writing one of these posts, because generally I'm terrible at actually doing things I said I would and I've quite simply never been able to stick to New Year's resolutions.
This post is less "resolutions" and more "things I want to do". It's something I will try my best to do during 2016, though maybe not straight away, I'll try and do it.



Learn To Dance
Something that most people don't know about me is that when I was little and still lived in England, I took ballet, tap and modern dance lessons. I've always loved to dance and I hated that I never was able to keep dancing when I moved to France. However, last summer, when Sia made her comeback with "Chandelier" and Maddie Ziegler's incredible routine, I started dancing again. Mimicking her moves and just doing what I thought looked right (I'll admit that sometimes it did look like I was having a seizure), and more recently I've really gotten into K-Pop and one of their biggest trademarks is that they all sing and dance and some of their routines are seriously impressive! At first, like with Chandelier, I would just start popping around and trying to copy some of their moves, then I actually gave myself the challenge to learn the choreo to BTS' "Dope". I looked up some tutorials and, two days later, I've mastered the first chorus! I remembered how much I loved dancing properly, and to not look like a goon in my pants in my living room at 2am (multiple times, people, multiple times). All that to say that I want to take dancing more seriously and give it an actual go in 2016.

Stop Beating Myself Up For Every Move I Make
I have a really bad habit of doing this. I'm constantly telling myself to shut up, that no one cares what I'm saying really and they're all just pretending. I need to have more confidence in myself and not always be scared that I'm annoying everyone by opening my mouth.

Take More Care Of Myself
Since I started college and I sleep at school and I don't have my home comforts with me, I haven't really been taking care of myself like I used to. You know those nice, long showers you take from time to time where you just let yourself think and feel nice and warm in the water? Yeah, not a thing when you're sharing the bathroom with 18 other girls! (Think Piper Chapman in the first episode of Orange Is The New Black). So I want to start taking care of myself again.

Watch and Finish All The TV Shows in my Netflix List
I have a habit of starting TV Shows then forgetting they even exist. It's really annoying. So before starting any more shows, I need to finish the ones I've already started!

Read More
I really don't read enough! It's annoying because I absolutely love reading. It's one of my favourite things to do, it lets me go to another place and I love losing the plot a bit over what just happened. Okay I want to fangirl alright?!

Play My Guitar More
I don't know if I've ever mentionned it, but since the age of about 9 (ish), I've been playing the guitar. It's a Yamaha, it's my pride and joy and I loves it very much.
Anyway, I'm not the best player in the world, but I can knock out a tune and it helps me write my songs, and it's a good little piece of kit really. I just don't play it often enough. I always just keep leaving it in a corner and forgetting about it! So in 2016 I want to get that bad boy restringed (I've had it for two years and have never changed the strings, then over Christmas I was tuning it and 3 strings broke in about 5 minutes) and played!

Write More Music
As I mentionned previously, I also write my own songs. Okay, they're not that great, I'll give you that, but I've always loved writing songs and the fact that they're not too ridiculous and cringe worthy is nice.

Lose Some Fucking Weight!
I know this is cliche, but it's getting ridiculous now. I know what I need to do in order to lose said-weight, I just can't be arsed to do so! So in 2016 I will make that extra effort and try and lose some weight!

What are your goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments.

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

Twitter :) Instagram :)  Pinterest :) Bloglovin' :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments