The Black List #4 | Matti May Hardie

by - 8:54 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

I hadn't done a black list for a while, simply because I couldn't think of any products I was properly disappointed with. I am, as a general rule, broke, most of the time, so I don't tend to buy new products; but I did finally manage to scrape together 3 new products I've been disappointed with.

Chanel Nail Varnish



Yeah. Yeahyeahyeah, I know. It's gone to a new level. Chanel bitch! Sorry. I'll calm down now. I mean, it's not technically mine, my Mum bought it in duty free when she went to Tunisia at the end of May, but generally in our apartment, nail polishes are in what I like to call "no man's land"- anyone can use it. I tried using it last week and, to be honest, I was really disappointed. The brush is really thin, which is probably great if you want to do some more fancy arty stuff on your nails, but if you want to just paint your nails, bog standard (as I generally do since I am a lazy little shit when it comes to my nails), it's not great and it takes ages. For pigmentation, it's okay, it's not crap, and you only need 2 coats but it's nothing to go "wow!" over. It also smudges really easily while it's still fully drying. Definitely needs a top coat! In short, for the price that it was, and just generally because it's Chanel, I expected much higher quality. I feel like it's a massive shame because the colour itself is so freaking beautiful.



I've tried to get along with this dry shampoo for absolutely ages. When I say ages, I mean ages. We're talking like 2 years. I just can't. Everyone is crazy for it - I just don't think it's as good as everyone thinks. It leaves a lot of white residue in my hair (I know that's normal but I seem to get masses of it!) and doesn't really make it look like my hair is any more washed than it would usually at that time. Also, my hair feels really weird when I use it (and if you know me you'll know that I am constantly either touching, running my hands through or twiddling my hair).

Sephora Nail Varnish

I bought this at Sephora a few weeks ago because I needed a new black nail varnish. I tried it for a few weeks and I was really disappointed. It has absolutely no staying power. I feel like I could put two to three coats on and it just doesn't last at all. So that's a bit disappointing. I mean, I'll probably use it until I run out because I can't live without black nail polish but I definitely won't be repurchasing!

What products were you disappointed with recently?

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

You May Also Like

0 comments