2015 In Instagrams | Matti May Hardie

by - 1:00 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

2015 has been an eventful and busy year for me. I wanted to share some of my favourite bits with you guys, in the medium of Instagram photos.


Top Left To Bottom Right

- Got my hair cut finally in ages, it felt so good and my hair looked so much better!

- Mama finally bought a bookcase! I took the great pleasure in decorating it and making it look as Pinterest as I possibly could.

- Met up with a friend of mine that I hadn't seen for ages. It felt so good to catch up!

- I went on a German exchange program at school, so in April I went to Germany for a week and I flippin' loved it!

- Out for ice creams with a couple of German girls and a friend from my school.

- Love this photo that I took on the way back from Germany.

- I got a MacBook!! It was really unexpected but I was so exciting!

- I passed by brevet and wanted a bit of change. I wanted a fresh start, so I decided to cut my hair into a lob.

- I went to England at the end of July/beginning of August, and I saw my little sister and my cousins and various other parts of my family. It was a really nice trip and I really enjoyed it.

Top Left to Bottom Right

- While I was in England, I saw my cousin, Eddie. Eddie is one of my faves and I love him to bits. We've been there for each other over a fair few hard times and it meant so much to see him again.

- I decided to cut my hair yet again just before I went to England and I bought a MAC lipstick in "Lady Danger" so I was blooming happy of how it looked together.

- We got a cat! I love him very much and squish him whenever I can, even though he doesn't like being held or picked up.

- In case you missed it, I came out as bi in April. This is one of my favourite quote-things ever because it's so true.

- I also started college in September. It's a 2 year long course in hairdressing, I'm only a couple of months and I'm loving it already!

- And finally, I decided to go for it and chop all my hair off. I was really nervous but it looked so good!

- Since I started college and integrated my current friendship group, I really feel like I'm allowing myself to be myself. I'm dressing however I want and I'm finally learning to speak my mind more (something that was more or less battered out of me in high school). I posted this ootd because it was the first ootd I'd done since I'd started learning my own mind.

- Also, since I started college, I've been experimenting with gender-fluidity. I know I can't pull off looking like a guy, my already-affirmed gender fluid friend has confirmed that haha! 

- One thing that really marked not only me but most of the world is Friday the 13th of November, the attacks on Paris. Over 160 people died. It really hit hard, simply because it's so close to home. Even now no one should forget.

And there we are! 2015 was a pretty good one, really.

I wish you all a happy new year and good things to come!

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

You May Also Like

0 comments