12 Things I've Learnt Since I Started College | Matti May Hardie

by - 8:54 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

It has now been 4 months since I started college and 6 months since I had my last day at high school. Having been through it and out the end, it was the lowest point of my life. I'm literally not even kidding. I honestly didn't think it would end. I wanted to share what I've learnt since I left high school and started college to give those of you who are not yet out of it some hope.


1. Your style will change immensely (oh hey entirely new wardrobe and my and Mama's bank balances have seizures in the corner).

2. You will question your sexuality multiple times.

3. You will feel a new sense of autonomy that you've never felt before.

4. Being a teacher's pet can actually pay off sometimes.

5. Never judge people on how they look. I've met the most amazing group of friends at college that I would never even had spoken to if I hadn't looked past their faces.

6. Going out of you comfort zone will make you feel amazing.

7. Not everyone will like you. That doesn't make them your mortal enemies.

8. Writing blog posts in class isn't always the best idea. (I learnt this the hard way by being caught out multiple times by my teacher.)

9. Talking to and meeting new people is great. Chances are there will be so many different characters in your college/6th form that if you just grow some balls and talk to people, you'll feel wiser at the end of the day. (Tip: the commun room is the perfect place to do this. I've met at least 10 people that I regularly talk to and could even consider my friends from playing pool with them in the commun room during free periods.)

10. If you sleep at school during the week, call your Mum. You'll feel so much better just from chatting to her.

11. Sometimes being fake is your only option of survival.

12. Try and be everyone's friend. It avoids unnecessary drama and bitchiness.

What have I missed out?

__________________________________

Quick note to talk about the name change. It's been playing on my mind for a while now to change my blog's name from "JustMe Matti" to "Matti May Hardie" (my name). I think it's just more logical since everywhere on my social media is "Matti May Hardie". Do you guys like the name change? Let me know in the comments.

Aller Kiss,
Matti x


Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments