Let's Talk Lipsticks... | Matti May Hardie

by - 7:51 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

If you know me well, you'll know that I have recently acquired an obsession for lipsticks. I adore any sort, high end or drugstore. Sadly, lipsticks cost money, money that I don't have because I'm saving for an iPhone. However, I have been doing a shit-ton of research about various lipsticks that I fancied sharing with you guys. 

  I'm going to start with high-end lipsticks. Obvs, I have my all-time favorite lipstick, the Clinique "A Different Grape" Lipstick, this isn't quite the right shade, it's more a pinky red, but I couldn't find the right shade on the website. This is the only one that I have personally tried for now.

  Next is M.A.C; unfortunately, I can’t afford M.A.C make-up, but I had a mental splurge (as in, I mentally bought the entire contents of the website) a few days ago and wanted to share my favorites with you guys. 
  First is Dark Side, which is one of the darker ones, Costa Chic that has some slight coraley, pinky tones in it, and Russian Red that is a really really rich red colour that I am obsessed with, but I'm not sure if I could pull it off! I also love love love Pure Zen which is more a nude shade that, again, I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull off in case I lose my lips with it on! And also Shy Girl that is again, more of a nude shade, but has some more pinky tones too it. 

(right to left)

  The last lipstick I wanted to talk about is the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Love Liberty. I think it's safe to say that I'm not too adventurous when it comes to lipstick colours! Then again, I have developped a bit of a love for Amazing Grace too.

(right to left)

  Now onto drugstore lipsticks. I have only tried the Rimmel and Maybelline ones but I want to branch out and try some more like Maxx Factor First I want to talk about Rimmel. 
  If you read other make-up related posts, you'll know that I am obsessed with Rimmel. I don't really know why but I feel like ever product of that I use of theirs is a winner that I really enjoy using. I've really liked the look of the Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 107 and 111. Yes, I realize that they are very similar, so that's why I would probably only buy one of the two. But look how pretty they are!! I have also tried the 104, but I was awfully disappointed with it. It was very dry and didn't look very nice on my lips, but my friend has another one and it looks fine so maybe it's just a fluke.

(right to left)

Hope you enjoyed that. Let me know what your favourite high end and drugstore lipstick is in the comments. 

Aller Kiss,
Matti x

Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments