My September/October Favorites | Matti May Hardie

by - 8:05 PM

Hey all, how's you?

So as you all know, I didn't do a September favorites as I didn't love enough things to make a decent post, so I thought I'd mix September and October together.


Make-Up

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara This is something I have loved for ages, and have repurchased many times over, it's the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara. It looks really nice on my eyelashes, it doesn't take a magician to figure out how to make your eyelashes look fab with it. I love it. So much!



Clothes
Primark
This month, instead of having an item or items of clothing, it's an entire shop. I went into Primark while I was in England and I completly fell in love with the shop all over again. As far as I know, you can only find Primark in England, which I'm very sad about. There are SO MANY nice things in there and I could spend hours and thousands of pounds in there. 
TV
Orange Is The New Black
I had heard about this TV series from various people. It's called Orange Is The New Black and it's about a women's prison in Lychfield. That's all I'm going to say because I'm shit at explaining these sort of things. But watch it. And love it.



Suits
This has to be the complete opposite of OITNB. It's more for when you feel like a bit of intellectual humor. It's about lawyers in Manhattan. Kind of like Mad Men, but more up-to-date.

Music
Sia - 1000 Forms Of Fear
I didn't know that Sia had released an album! It's so beautiful and every song's a winner. Golden, definetly going to be "buying" this. 



Taylor Swift - 1989 (Deluxe Version)
This is Taylor Swift's newest album, but it kills. I never used to like Taylor Swift, mainly because I didn't like country, but I really think that this new pop sound is going to make her a millionaire and incredibly famous.


Videos
Troye Sivan - Becoming You
This is Troye Sivan (the one and only)'s new video. I really hit home with me as I tend to get anxious and scared about being myself in case people look at me and go "what was she on when she picked that outfit?" or "did she mean to wear her hair like that?" ect... So obviously added it to my "motivation" playlist (I'll explain that in a future post). Lovely. You can find the video here. Go. Watch. Love. You're welcome in advance.

Shoes
Preppy Style High Heel Boots
I have loved these boots for quite a while, and they're not so much something I have and have loved, but more something I know I'll love (if that makes any sense). I have a things for ankle-boots and these have to be my faves. I couldn't find a pair in black or brown so I settled for this colour.

Anxiety

So as a lot of you will know, I suffer with anxiety quite badly, so one I have a couple of things I'd like to share with you if you also suffer from it. 

The first thing I'd like to talk about are 2 apps. 
One is called RespiRelax. It's in french, but it's not rocket science. What you can do is set it for however long and you set it for how many seconds you feel comfortable breathing in for and then how many seconds you feel comfortable breathing out for. Then once you press play it's a water gauge that goes up and down for however long you want. 

The next one is called Calm.com, but in the app store it's marked as Calm. It's basically a meditation session. Because I'm broke, I only bought the free version, but that is frankly enough for me. For free you can get the "7 Steps Of Calm" (a 7-step session when you can use it to calm down) and "Calm" (which is the one that I use the most. I basically helps you calm down and stay zen).

These really help me when I'm feeling anxious (at the time it tends to be before school (god knows why) so I'll listen to it on the bus and it really works. 

The next thing is more medical. It's called Rescue Remedy. A lot of you may know what this is, but for those who don't know what it is, it's a little vial of liquid, that helps you stay calm. On the bottle, there's written that it's "reassures and comforts" and it really does work. Love it!

Right, I think that's about all. Hope you enjoyed that, let me know what you've been loving over these past couple of months in the comments.


Aller Kiss,
Matti x


Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

You May Also Like

0 comments