More Sexual Abuse On Youtube... This Is NOT Right | Matti May Hardie

by - 2:00 PM

Hey all, how's you?

I have just watched Dodie(doddleoddle)'s video about Karim (KarimAbridged) (Click on the link to see it). I wasn't planning on making anything else about Youtube sexual abusers, but that was the last straw. I have, in my drafts, a half-finished post about Alex Day and the fact that he's now making videos again. I didn't put it up. But now it's gone too far.


It never has been, is not and never will be okay to ask 14/15 year olds for nudes. NEVER EVER EVER.


It's obvious that we need to keep the conversation going, because obviously, if we don't say anything anymore then it just happens again. 

I don't really know what to say in this post but I am just so angry that this community is becoming a community that looks (to onlookers) like a community of weirdos, perverts, and sexual abusers. Yet I personally know (because I have been watching a lot of Youtube for about 3 years) that it's not just them. Obviously, I don't know any Youtubers personally, but often, you can definitely connect more with Youtubers than actors or TV personalities.


If you're an outsider who doesn't really watch Youtube but have heard about everything that is going on, please don't take these people as a generality on Youtube, yes, some Youtubers have mental problems (ex. Zoella and her anxiety and panic attacks) or have suffered from depression and/or self harming (ex. LukeIsNotSexy, Emma Blackery, GaryC, BriBry, MusicalBethan (to a certain extent, ect..), but a lot of them are just kids who are bored and want something to do, as their audience grows, it goes from being their hobbies to their jobs. They're fine. It's not just full of sexual abusers.


It's really annoying, because I feel like I shouldn't even need to write this post, but I feel like I should.


Oh well, rant over.



Aller Kiss,
Matti x


Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

You May Also Like

0 comments