England 2015 - What's In My Carry-On | Matti May Hardie

by - 3:12 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

So I'm off to England today and I don't think I've ever thought about Starbucks, Primark and MAC so much in my entire life (priorities). Because my Mama is a massive control freak, she likes to know that my suitcase and carry-on have been packed a couple of days in advance (then again, I blame my Mum, but I guess it's understandable since when I went to England last July I nearly forgot my passport at home). I thought I'd share what I'm putting in my carry-on for the plane journey over.


I decided to take my handbag, simply because it looks better than my backpack (I refuse to look like a lost schoolgirl in the airport). It's from Best Mountain, and I'm totally in love. It's super easy and lovely and goes with everything. Love. It. (And guess what? I haven't got a photo!)

Once I've moved everything from my usual handbag to this one (you can find out what that is here). That's my purse, deordorant, my keys, lip balm, lipstick, sunglasses, pocket mirror, my phone and my earphones.


Next, I'm obviously going to put a book in. I chose "The Glam Guide" by Fleur De Force that my lovely friend Frances kindly gave me. I'd already started reading it towards the end of the school year but never finished, so I'm going to make the most of this holiday to have a read! I read this on my iPod because I don't have the physical copy of it.

Next I'm popping in my make-up bag and a hairbrush. The make-up bag was a free gift from Clinique. I'm not putting much in but just enough if I want to pop a little something on my face to make me look (and feel) a bit more alive. I'm popping in my powder, the No7 "Perfectly Bronzed" bronzing powder (I know it's meant to be a bronzer but it's so light the bronzing bit doesn't actually do much so I use it as a powder), a mascara (Rimmel "Scandal Eyes"), an eyelash curler (I don't know where it's from) and an eyebrow pencil (No7 Beautiful Eyebrows eyebrow pencil in Blonde).


One of my favourite things to do on planes is have a good old brainstorming session. No one bothers me (too much) and it's so nice to be able to wack my earphones in, put on an album (even writing this I can already predict that I'm going to be listening to MAGIC!'s album because it's just so darn good) and have a little think about some blog post ideas. Because of that, I always have a notepad and pen in my bag with me. This is my "blogging pad" and I've had it for about a year now. It has mostly lists but if I need to organise my blog I'll use this little g
uy. I think I bought it in a pound shop. Yes it'd be nice to have a pretty note pad but I'll live with this one whilst I can still use it.


Obviously I'll have my iPod touch (as I've previously mentionned) and my phone with me for the flight too! My iPod is a 5th generation iPod touch and my phone is a Blackberry Curve 9320. I'm saving up for an iPhone, okay?

The most imposing thing in my carry-on is obviously, my laptop. I have a 13-inch MacBook Air that I love to bits. It's brilliant, super light so it isn't too heavy on my shoulder, but it's good because I can get a bit of writing done whilst I'm on the plane, or even write or draft a blog post.

Then I have my passport and boarding pass. There's not really much I can say about this, is there?

There we have it! That's what I'm going to be taking on my flight to England! What are your travel essentials?

Aller Kiss!
Matti xxx

Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

You May Also Like

0 comments