Summer Make-Up Menu | Matti May Hardie

by - 11:11 AM

Hey all,
Hows you?

I've been reading quite a few of these lately and I felt left out, so I decided to do one too. I've been having a really natural, simple make-up look over the summer to avoid looking like a panda (a look a regularly rock whenever I wear pencil eyeliner).

Base



As a base, if I want something full coverage, I'll go with the same as always, Rimmel "Match Perfection" foundation. I just love this foundation, okay? It's just perfect for me (not to mention the fact that little old me is too broke to buy another foundation, though I do have my eye on the Bourjois "Healthy Mix" foundation). For concealer, I head straight for my MAC "Pro-Longwear" concealer. I got this in England and I'm love love love love love this concealer. It's got an amazing coverage so I can wear it on it's own without foundation if need be, or I can wear it with foundation, but it still doesn't look cakey or like I've fallen face first into my make-up (as my godmother would put it). I apply this under my eyes, on my nose, between my eyebrows, on my chin, and on any spots or blemishes I have (oh hello, puberty). I'll set all that with either the ELF "High Definition" Powder.

Eyes and Eyebrows



I'm probably as boring as it gets for my eyes. Because my eyes water really easily (and I'm always tired and am constantly yawning), I don't bother wearing black eyeliner anymore. I'll line my waterline with a white eyeliner (the Rimmel "Soft Kohl" Eyeliner Pencil in Pure White) to make my eyes look bigger, then I'll grab my new favourite mascara, the No7 "Extreme Length" mascara. I got this free when I did a massive Boots order, but I didn't really touch it because at the time I didn't like mascaras that gave me too much length, plus, I didn't trust any mascara that wasn't the Rimmel "ScandalEyes" mascara. I tried it out when my Scandal Eyes gave up on me whilst I was in England and I had about 1.17£ and urgently needed mascara. I actually now love the stuff and I feel like the length it gives me (when applied in a very specific way) accentuates my eyes beautifully. I'll top that off with a couple of strokes of Rimmel "Scandal Eyes" to add some blackness and intensity. I'm still figuring out my eyebrows but I tend to use this palette (again, totally unnamed and unnameable).

Blush and Bronzer



This is the difficult part. The blush that I use is in a nameless palette. I don't know the brand, the name and there's no indication of it on the packaging. It's very frustrating because it's probably one of my favourite blushes ever and suits me perfectly. I'm currently still on the hunt for a drugstore blush that compares but alas, I haven't yet.
Bronzer-wise, I'm using the bronzer half of the N°7 "Perfectly Bronzed" Dual Bronzer.

Lips



During this summer, I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I've been going more for a pink lip (something that shocked no one more than me), mostly, the ELF Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Pink Umbrellas, for the daytime, and then for the evening, I'll reach, obviously, for my MAC lipstick in "Lady Danger".

What's your make-up menu for this summer?

Aller Kiss,
Matti x


Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

You May Also Like

0 comments