Tattoos | Matti May Hardie

by - 3:21 PM

Hey all,
Hows you?

For ages now, I've wanted a tattoo. Multiple tattoos actually, because I feel like they're the best way to honour someone or even just to look pretty. I wanted to share them with you, then, in a few years, show you which tattoos I have gotten. I don't know, just go with me on this.

1/ 6 Pointed Star On My Right Wrist 



I made this up randomly whilst I was in a particularly boring Maths class last term. I started drawing it on my wrist (after I checked it didn’t mean anything like demonic worship or shit), and my cousin noticed it whilst we were on Skype and he loved it too, I didn’t have a meaning for it, so we decided that once we turned 18 we were both going to get it done. That way, it could be for him and me. I didn’t actually know at that time that it meant “best” but when I told my cousin we both thought it was ridiculously funny. 

2/ Arrow On The Inside Of My Right Forearm 

I’ve wanted an arrow tattoo for as long as I can remember. I’m a person that holds on to things and I struggle to move on and for me arrows symbolise moving forward and to keep going which is something I want to remind myself constantly.

3/ “Trust No Bitch” On The Side Of My Left Forearm


YES I GOT THIS IDEA OF ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK. Problem being? It’s not just because I may or may not be madly in love with Ruby Rose, but because I like the meaning behind it. It means what it means, there’s no way of going more into it. I’m totally obsessed with this saying because I am way to trustful for my own good, and as much as I hate to say it, I can be pretty naive, and I really want this tattoo to remind myself of something my Mama said to me once: “Just because someone smiles at you doesn’t mean they’re you’re friend.”

3/ Little Owl On My Left Index Finger 


This tattoo is for my Mum. She’s always been so good to me and she’s always been there and I will never not be incredibly grateful for that. We’ve grown very close over the past few years due my Dad’s drinking and abuse towards her, and I really do now consider her like my best friend. She has a weird love for owls that I have never understood, and I liked the simplicity of the design and I want there to be a VH somewhere, I’m not sure where yet (VH are her initials).

4/ Heartbeat On The Side Of My Neck 


This is one of my more… pointless tattoos. I really want this heartbeat because it looks cool. I got the idea off Ruby Rose, judge me if you will. It looks pretty okay?

5/ “Boys Are Very Useful For Tennis” (Aunt Clare, The Lost Art Of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice) 

If you’ve read my blog for a while (or not even, I spoke about this book in my What’s In My Bag a few weeks ago), you’ll know that The Lost Art Of Keeping Secrets is my favourite book ever. Like, ever, in the history of ever. I can’t express how much love I have for this book!! It’s been a part of my life since I was about 12 and I’ve read it countless times over, sometimes just starting it again just after I’d finished it. How I hope to becomes a film! Anyway, since it’s been in my life for so long and I love it so much, I wanted to get a quote from it, because there are some nuggets of gold in there! I chose this one because every time I read it I smile. This isn’t the actual quote, I just paraphrased, but I love how it doesn't have any meaning, and it’s totally random, but you don’t dare question it. I’m still a bit unsure yet and I may change my mind yet but so far this is what I want.

6/ “Made In England” On The Back Of My Neck

Yes I stole this idea off Cara Delevingne, and I’m not even sorry! I know that I wouldn’t be able to deal with the pain if I got it on the base of my foot so I chose the back of my neck so it can be a bit like Hitman haha. Also, people will actually be able to see it when I put my hair up in a bun or something, where as on the base of my foot no one can see if which I find a shame.

7/ Semi Colon On My Left Wrist



I first heard about people doing this when I heard of Project Semi-Colon. Project Semi-Colon is a faith-based, non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and love to those who are struggling with depression, suicide, addiction and self-harm. As I've already mentionned in this post, I myself struggle with mental illnesses so I want to get this tattoo to support mental illness and the Semi-Colon Project.

What tattoos do you want to get? 


Aller Kiss,
Matti x


Twitter :) Tumblr :) Bloglovin' :) Instagram :) Vine :) Pinterest :)

Stock photos were used in this post

You May Also Like

0 comments